Monday, January 23, 2012

Sale-A-Bration Swaps - A CASE of Myself

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you're having a good day. Mine started off with the remnants of an "ice storm" that was passing through so I got to sleep in a few extra hours. Of course that meant I had to drive to work, because there was no one to slug in with and that's costing me a $20.00 garage fee so, thinking back on it, it might have been cheaper to get up early and drive slowly in and take the bus (EEEEWWWW!!!!) Oh well! You live and you learn. It's been years since I had to commute. Hopefully this winter won't see too much more of this.

Did you see football yesterday? Oh, sooo good! The Pats are going to the Super Bowl! One more week of that kind of post and then you get a few months of football-free posts. I'm sure you are so excited.

Well, I know today is supposed to be MDS-Monday, but due to the unbelievably hectic weekend I had, MDS did not get done yesterday. In fact as I was getting ready to head out to my team meeting yesterday I realized I had the "stamp" portion of my swaps facing the wrong direction and had to take them down and re-do them. Luckily, I was able to do so without damaging the cards. *WHEW*

I'll get a MDS done tonight and have it ready for you guys tomorrow. I also realized that even though I did cards last week for my stampcamp (that didn't hold because of a snow and ice storm that came through on Friday night, *UGH! I hate winter!) I forgot to take pictures and upload them so that's why you're getting this CASE so soon after the original. Sorry.

Lucky for me my stampcamp didn't hold because the storm coming through brought with it a horrible migraine! The kind that makes everything smell horrible and everything sound super loud. I had to work at the Olive Garden Friday night with it. Ever try working around all those smells with a migraine? Yeah, not pleasant at all. And then one of the girls next to me put lotion on from BBW. Bless her heart I made her go to the bathroom and wash  scrub her hands. I felt like such a meanie. ): However, I got to go home and crawl in the bed and felt better the next day and was able to go dress shopping for our Firehouse Installation banquet, where I wore this-




It was a good night!


So Sunday morning I got up and finished these for our team swaps.  The theme was Sale-A-Bration. Here's the card-


Oops! It looks like I didn't get it quite centered in my rush to get out of the house.

Here's the original that I did for 2 challenges over at OWH-


When I first did this card, I really wanted to use the new Edgelets but there just wasn't room, because I had to have the space at the bottom for the brads. This time I was able to use the Edgelet and I am so happy that it followed the curve just like I knew it would! I also knotted the ribbon under the card & turned the stamps so they were facing down towards the curve of the card.

On the inside I stamped a second image after stamping one of the front images and added a little touch of bling to it.


If I were to do this card again though, I think I would do a Very Vanilla layer here and then stamp this image. I didn't stamp a sentiment so it could be given later as any type of an occasion card. I did have to put this image a little towards the center edge because of the curved edge and next time I might even put it in the upper corner.

When I originally did the outside of the cards, I put the "stamps" facing down" the front of the card instead of towards the curved edge, similar to the original card. Like this-


I think this is also a beautiful look, but since I had stamped the "Flower stamp" image on the inside facing the  curved edge, that's what necessitated the change in the outside placement. In the future though, I think either way works.

Well. that's all I have for you today. I hope you like my newly updated card. I hope it inspires you to look at something you have done in the past, (even something you really liked) and see if you can update it, even a little. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)


As always, I would love to see what you come up with.

Don't forget, tomorrow starts Sale-A-Bration. I can't wait to share it with you. How would you love Free Stampin Up supplies and Exclusive merchandise? I can help you get just that!

I hope to see you back here tomorrow.

Till then-

Remember- It's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan