Wednesday, January 18, 2012

MDS Moday- Punch Art/Happy Birthday / UDI-MDS Monday / My Challenge #3

Pin It
Hey y'all! Happy Humpday! I'm writing from home today as I had hoped to be able to spend at least part of it with my ever so handsome BF and then he had a last minute schedule change at work so it's you guys (No complaints there- you know I lurv you!) and then cleaning the house, and getting stuff ready for this weekends stampcamp and swaps ready for my upline team meeting. Geesh- it's a good thing I got some time off, huh? (:

So I know I'm a little behind on posting this weeks MDS Monday, but it's a holiday week and that always throws me off, but I brought us a bright little celebration to brighten up our humpday.

This is a CASE of a regular card I saw somewhere on the Internet, one day while I was trolling made with cardstock, DSP and a punched flower. I liked it so much I knew that one day I would case it that way, but until then I could CASE it with MDS. I got the 2 punches I needed for a few dollars and I was set to go.

Last week I showed you my first "real card" that was all "punch art". Here's my first MDS card that's all "punch art". The thing with MDS though is that you can manipulate your shapes and sizes, so even though there is no rectangle punch, I changed the square to become one and voila, I have just what I need. How cool is that?

Here's my card-


I started with a base of Pacific Point. To that I added layers of Whisper White and Baja Breeze. I then added a Square Punch, one of the Pennant Parade Punches, and one of the flowers from the Boho Flowers Punch set. I just adjusted the sizes and rotated them until they fit in the area I wanted them to and then filled them in. I used Celebration DSP for the center of the hat. A Happy Birthday sentiment that I enlarged to fill the top area and this section is done. Wouldn't this be cute for a little boy's birthday card? Not really the direction I was heading, but so glad where it took me!

Ok for the inside, because you know- just because it's digital doesn't mean it shouldn't have an inside too-


Same color scheme and dimensions here, I just carried them through. I used more pennants from the Pennant Parade set to create banners hanging from the ceiling and then put my birthday sentiment under them.

You know by now that I try to put a little extra something on the inside of all my cards, so I stamped another little "punch-art" birthday hat in the corner in Night of Navy and lightened it up. I even made the flower and brim of the hat a different opacity than the middle of the hat. So cool how you can do that! It looks like I stamped 3 different images. WOW!

Well, that's all I have for you today. I'm off to clean so I can get down to the fun stuff, yep, playing with the SU supplies!

I hope you thought today's post was worth the wait. I also hope it encourages you to try something new either with your MDS or with your regular Stamping/Crafting supplies. Whatever you do- I hope you have fun and do what the whole point of this blog is and that is to just Try. If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Till tomorrow-

Remember life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to Dance in the rain. 

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan