Thursday, January 26, 2012

FMS#19 Challenge- Special Birthday Card Part 2 / My Challenge #4

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Thursday! I hope you're having a great day.

Well, we're almost to the end of January. Hard to believe it, huh? Do you make resolutions? If you follow me at all, you know I don't believe it "resolutions" per-se, I just resolved "To Try" (Ha! That was a FMS Challenge too!) Any-who, one of my resolves was to do a challenge a week. This would accomplish two things, 1- it would help force me out of my creative box, and 2- hopefully would get just a few more visitors to stop by my humble little site here (hopefully some of them will even leave comments and and maybe follow) So far, I'm doing pretty good with all of my resolves, not just my stamping related ones. How about you?

To that end, I have a challenge entry for you today, and hopefully another one that I will get to tonight. Although I originally posted this card yesterday, I felt something was missing and if you read the original post HERE, you know there was No Way I could give my sister that card with those 2 letters showing when that card was closed. NOPE! Unacceptable. The OCD in me would not allow it! I also kind of felt like the front was just missing something, so when I saw the sketch for this weeks challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches I knew just what I needed to do. So, I went home yesterday, made just a slight change to the front, re-did the inside of the card and ever so carefully mounted it over the original (that OCD comes in handy sometimes) and not only was my card ready for giving, but I had a this weeks Challenge card, and one I felt certain was going to be different from anyone else's.

Here's my new and improved card (which by the way my sister loved!)-



And here's the FMS #19 Challenge Sketch for this week-


Do you see it? I turned the sketch on it's side and the dancing cupcakes are the border going down the side. Instead of the 2 Rectangles shown in the sketch my spinning cupcake is the center rectangle bordered by the  Scalloped Circle. The 3 Pearls well, they were just what the card front needed. Thanks FMS for the inspiration!

Well, I hope you like my card. I hope it encourages you to try something new today. Maybe it's a challenge, or a technique, or maybe it's just turning a sketch and "looking at something in a different light". Remember what this blog is all about- Just Try! If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I'll be back later today with another post and hopefully tomorrow as well. I have to get ready tonight for this weekends stampcamp, so I don't know about tomorrow.

I hope to see you back here real soon. As always- if you like what you see, please feel free to leave a comment, I'd love the feedback. Also feel free to follow. (:

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about waiting out the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Those sparkling dancing cupcakes are wonderful! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, love all the sparkles on the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shimmery cupcakes are so awesome! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun! The cupcakes are wonderful! Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sparkly and fun! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan