Friday, January 6, 2012

End Of the Week Technique 14 - Hinge Cards

Pin It
Hey y'all. Really quick post here. I should be cleaning house and getting ready for the Good Lord only knows what I will need to be getting ready in 3 hours but since I may not have time to post much later, let me give this to you now.
I was trolling the Internet the other day and saw this cute idea for a card and decided to give it a try. Not sure where I saw it, I think it might have been Dawn Olchefsky, if anyone knows let me know so I can give credit.

Here it is-


Isn't it cute? Everything on it is Sale-A-Bration except the base c/s of Calypso Coral and the punched strip across the center.

One of the nice things about this card, besides coming together really quick is that you only need one piece for the base instead of a folded piece, so if your trying to conserve cardstock or you're looking for a cute swap card this is a great one to use.

The bottom DSP is Everyday Elegance from Sale-A-Bration and I Tombowed it to my base. (You know how I love my Tombow. No-one's getting one of my cards and going to show it to someone and have it separate. No sir-ree!)

For the upper layer I took a strip of Calypso Coral and punched it with my Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch and adhered it to a piece of Very Vanilla c/s that I had rounded the upper edges using my corner rounder punch on. I used my Two-Way Glue Pen on the back of my punched piece so no adhesive would show through. I then laid it down next to the DSP and using my Mat Pack and Piercing Tool pierced a hole and made it wide enough to put one of our new brads from our Everyday Elegance Brad and Ribbon Pack from Sale-A-Bration. Isn't it cute?

Then using a strip of the striped DSP I made a little "present" and topped it with a bow from our free sheer Lucky Limeaide and Calypso Coral ribbon that's also coming up in Sale-A-Bration. Are you getting excited about it, yet? You don't have to wait too much longer, just a few weeks more.

Wanna see how the card works?


See... How Cute is that?



TA-DA!

Easy-Peasy!

Now, I know your thinking, but Shan, there's a brad sticking out the back! I got you! I trimmed the edges of the brad, stamped an imaged from Fresh Vintage, cut it out and adhered it over the brad, covering it up, see.



So, I hope you liked today's EWT. I really did! It's quick, easy, great for swaps, sure to please those that receive and easy on the wallet (always nice). I know it's definitely one, I'll be coming back to. If you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Well, I'm off to eat lunch, do some laundry, clean house and then off to the doctors, hopefully for some good news.

Till next time-

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan