Tuesday, January 24, 2012

MDS Monday (Yes I know It's Really Tuesday) Sale-A-Bration Is Here!

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having an Amazing day.

As promised I have this weeks MDS Monday card for you today and because Sale-A-Bration officially kicks off today, I thought it would be appropriate to make it using Exclusive Sale-A-Bration MDS Content. I got this MDS CD for free last month during the pre-order and you can get it for FREE now through the end of March with any order of $50.

Here's this week's MDS card-


I used the colors from Sale-A-Brations Exclusive DSP Everday Enchantment for my color palate and went with Baja Breeze and Lucky Limeade and Not Quite Navy. I love the way I was able to layer the DSP over the punch and to add a punched out center to the central stamp in a different color and "bring it forward" so it appears as if it's "popped up". I also love being able to change all the sizes to suit my desires for that particular card.

Stampin Up has started making their stamped images much larger so they don't "pixelate" when you increase them. In fact they are so large now that I actually called customer service to report it as a problem and that's when I was told they had changed the format, so we would have to decrease the size instead of increasing the size so the pixelation wouldn't be an issue. Pretty cool once you get used t o the idea.

And of course, because you know, I like to give you a complete card and I think the inside should be just as nice as the outside... Here's the inside-


I stuck with the same color palate here and added some Very Vanilla here for the writing area. I took the image of the bird from the front and added it in Not Quite Navy and changed the opacity, for a "water-mark" type of effect. It's a little heavier than that, but any lighter and it just looked too "grey". Plus, I think it picks up on the heavier "vintagy" areas on the edges of the DSP. Overall, I'm very happy with the way this card turned out and I did design elements on this card that I had not done with other cards and it still came together very quickly.

So what do you think? I hope you like it, and I hope it inspires you to try something new with your MDS or with your regular cardmaking materialsIf you liked it, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Now's the perfect time with Sale-A-Bration getting started. I would love to tell you more about it, if you don't currently have a demonstrator of your own. Remember for every $50 pre-tax you get your choice of  1 item from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. It's really that simple! If you hold a workshop or stampcamp and your sales reach $150 you get a Free re-usable tote, and $25 in free merchandise. For $400 in sales you get the tote, $60 in merchandise and an Exclusive Sale-A-Bration Hostess Bundle (Stamp Set, DSP, Ribbon and Brad Pack) and the benefits just go up with your sales.

Have you ever thought of trying Stampin Up? If you join my team now you get your starter kit for $125. That's $50 off. The best part is it's totally customizable. You get to pick the sets you like! And, for every month you're active, you get either a free pack of DSP ($10.95 value) or a free Digital download (any value) and you can switch back and forth between DSP and Digital. You can choose to be a hobby demonstrator or a business demonstrator or if you find that Stampin Up is not for you, No Worries! You still have an Amazing Value  in stamping supplies that is sure to last you for some time. There's NO commitment required! Just give it a try.

Well, that's all I have for today!

I hope to see you here again soon.

Till next time-

Remember - Life isn't about waiting out the storm, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan