Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Perfectly Preserved....Mummy!?!

Pin It
***Edited 9/12/12*
I'm entering this in The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop for my stamping BFF April who doesn't have a blog yet (she  knows I'm doing it). She does really fabulous cards and projects and I'm hoping she'll start her own blog soon but she's a little shy about it. I'm hoping you'll let her know how much you like her card by leaving her a little blog-love in the comment section below.

Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom to see/go to all of the cards on the hop before you leave. It's also a great time to leave some love for my friend April. 
Thanks, hope to see you back real soon! :)


Hey y'all. Happy Humpday! I hope you're having an amazing week.

I have a Special Treat for you today. I'm not showcasing one of my cards today. Nope, I'm sharing one of the cutest cards I've seen in a long time. My stamping BFF April made it for our team swap this past weekend. It made me laugh right away, and if you know the week I'd had up to that point you would realize that was a pretty big feat. I know you're going to love it! Here it is-

Halloween card featuring
Perfectly Preserved and Googly Ghouls
How Stinkin' Cute is this!?!?!? I kept thinking of reasons why I needed that Perfectly Preserved Bundle with the stamp set and the Framelets while at the same time asking myself "Do I really need more from the holiday catalog?" Well let me just tell you, that while I may have been on the fence, this card sent me right over to the other side. This set is coming to the design studio for sure.

I'm not sure but it looks like Tangerine Tango for the base topped with a piece of Basic Black that was run through the Big Shot with the new Lacy Brocade E.F. The striped DSP is from the Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP Collection and what a great collection. I know I'm going to be using it for lots of masculine cards as well as throughout the Halloween season. April used her new Windows Framelets to cut out the shape. The banner was stamped with the sentiment from Googly Ghouls (such a cute name) and cut out using the Bitty Banners Framelets. Rhinestones were added for a little bit of bling.

How 'bout a closer look-


I swear, he's so cute I just want to put him in my pocket and carry him around. Now that he's in the jar, it's just perfect! I'm not sure if the images are stamped in Classic Black or Staz-On. My guess is Staz-On. A few swipes with the new Silver Dazzle Marker adds a little something-something to the little cutie's rags. And how sweet is his one little googly eye? I swear he's either going in my pocket or one of my Coach bags so I can have him near to make me smile! Forget Pocket Pets, Pocket Mummies are def the next big thing! A little Crystal Effects makes sure his jar is all clear and shiny so he can see the world when I take him out of my pocket and a sweet little scalloped-polka-dot topper helps to keep him secure.

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked April's fantabulous card. I keep trying to get her to start a blog with all of her cute creations but she's not quite on board yet. It would be great if you could leave here a little love here, in the comments and I'll make sure she gets to see them. I know she wouldn't mind if you CASE her either just be sure to give her a little love there too.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! I hope you'll come back soon. Tomorrow is a very special day here, hope you'll make it back by. Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I love the embossing, the Crystal Effects, and of course the jar with the mummy in it!!! So cute! Thanks for adding the card to The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mummy in the jar, super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan