Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Frosty Friends, C&S, Kinda

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! It's a gloomy, rainy kind of day here in the DMV. I hope it's sunny wherever you might be. First off let me say my thoughts and prayers are coming to everyone in the path of Isaac. May God keep you all safe!

Do you ever sit down with the plan of doing a card or project one way and then having to re-adjust that mid design? This happened to me yesterday. I had a sketch all planned out around the focal element. I just needed to figure out the measurements and color scheme and I would be set. Well, I figured out my color scheme, decided on all my measurements (you know how hard that is), got started, re-adjusted my measurements and then at the last minute realized that 2 elements on the sketch just wouldn't go with my card. They just wouldn't fit with the measurements I had and I couldn't really adjust the measurements or my focal point wouldn't fit. I ended up spending over an hour start to finish on a card that I thought would be so easy, and it turned out differently than I had anticipated. Not that I'm unhappy with the card, just that I wasn't able to do what I wanted. You know how I get with that kind of thing. Afterwards I got to thinking that maybe I could adjust the sizes up, and maybe rotate the sketch so maybe I'll try again.

Here's what I came up with-

C&S Holiday Card featuring
Frost Friends, Greetings of the Season and Festival of Prints DSP
Although the layout is very C&S the card took a little time because of the watercoloring. These are pretty non-traditional colors, but I love how they ended up working. I wanted Island Indigo and a softer blue and when I found these two patterns in the Festival of Prints pack I knew they would be just what I needed. Have you purchased your Festival of Prints DSP yet. It's a Must-Have from the Holiday catalog. 40 sheets of Double-sided DSP for $6.95. Not only is the price Amazing but these are colors and patterns that you can use throughout the year. *Bonus!* I used Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler, Bashful Blue, and Very Vanilla. Have to say, I'm really, really liking this color combo!

Here's a close-up of my stamped image-


I stamped my Frosty Friends in Black Staz-On so the color wouldn't bleed. I used Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Grey and Garden Green Classic Ink pads to color my sweet little friends and Bashful Blue Classic Ink Pad to color in the snow-flakes and snowy ground cover. I used my Blender Pens to do the watercoloring. I also used my White Gel Pen for the ear-muffs and trim on the Real Red cap. A little Two-Way Glue Pen and some Dazzling Diamonds turned a wet afternoon into a Sparkling, Winter Wonderland. All 3 layers are Adhered to each other with Tombow and then mounted over my 3 DSP flags with Dimensionals. All c/s including the DSP were sponged around the edges to add depth and dimension. The 3 flags were secured with Tombow as well.

Here's a look at the inside-

Inside of Holiday Card featuring
 Greetings of the Season and Frost Friends Stamp Sets
I stamped my sentiment on a Very Vanilla layer in Island Indigo. I stamped just one of my sweet little friends in Black Staz-On and then colored him in. A little sparkle and he's ready to play.


Isn't he sweet? And just the tiniest bit mischievous too! Love him!!!

For those of you that want measurements, here they are-

Island Indigo - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored and folded at 4 1/4
Very Vanilla - 2 1/2 x 3 1/2
Bashful Blue - 2 5/8 x 3 5/8
Cherry Cobbler - 2 3/4 x 3 3/4
DSP - 1/2 x 3

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed today's card and I hope it inspires you to try and have a little fun and to not give up when it looks like something is just not going to turn out the way you had expected. You might just end up happy with the results anyways. :)

I love hearing from you, so if you have comments or questions about today's card, I hope you'll leave me a comment. I read them all and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put the buttons on my post for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too!

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by and check out my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! I hope you'll come back soon and see all of the cool things I have in store for you. Till next time-


Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan