Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Quick and Easy Holiday Card

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! It's an over-cast, gloomy kind of day here in the DMV. :( I hope it's sunny wherever you are today. Wanna know what doesn't make me gloomy? Trick question! You know me so well, you were about to say today's card weren't you? HA! The answer is ... presents. I love when they're wrapped up all nice in pretty paper and ribbons. You like that too, right? Are you one of those people that opens your presents at the seams, carefully so as to not rip the paper or tear the ribbon? I'm not! No sir-ree! I'm like "Let me at it!" But I digress. Ok. So I guess you're kinda right. Because today's card looks like a present, all pretty and wrapped up and you have to unwrap it. Well sort-of.

Here's what I mean-

Holiday Package Card featuring
Ornament Keepsakes Stamp Set and Ornaments Framelets

Don't you just want to open it up to see what's inside? This is a really Quick & Easy card. Perfect for workshops/stampcamps or mass production. I don't really consider this a Clean & Simple card because of the extra steps. But you could call it that if you wanted too. It's super simple. I started with a base of Lucky Limeade 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored and folded at 4 1/4. Next I cut two strips of paper from the Festival of Prints DSP Stack. What a great value! 48 sheets of DSP, double sided for only $6.95. It's got lots of patterns that can be used throughout the year and not just during the holidays. For those of you that like measurements, I cut 2 strips at 1 3/4 x 5 1/2 and then adhered them to the L.L. base with Tombow, taking them all the way to the edges. This leaves the center open, but more importantly, it saves DSP giving you more to use on another project. Next I have 2 pieces of Cherry Cobbler c/s cut at 1 1/4 wide. One is 5  1/2  in length and the other is about 9 1/2. Secure your shorter strip so that its's centered on your card and it's edges slightly overlap the inner edges of your DSP. Next make a "belly band" by loosely wrapping your longer strip around your card so the ends overlap in the back. You want this piece to be loose enough to slide over your card but not fall off. Score where they would be at the sides of the card. I used my Simply Scored to make the score lines crisp. Secure the ends in the back. Decorate the front of your middle wrapping however your would like. I chose to color one of the Keepsake Ornaments with my Lucky Limeade and More Mustard Stampin Write Markers and then cut it out with my Holiday Framelets. I punched a hole in the top and ran a length of Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine through it. I knotted the end and secured the knot behind the ornament. I used a Dimensional to secure the ornament to my belly band. Here's what that looks like-

Ornament Keepsakes Belly Band
You simply slide it to the middle of your card and it looks like a present ready to be unwrapped. :) You simply slide this off to see whats waiting for you inside.

Inside of Holiday Package Card featuring
Ornament Keepsakes Stamp set and Greetings of the Season Stamp Set
I inked up my sentiment stamp with my L.L. and C.C. Stampin Write Markers. I also stamped 2 of the ornaments from the Ornament Keepsakes set and then let Tink have her way and ended up with the beautiful, sparkly ornaments. It sure makes me smile. What about you? Do you think, it's a nice surprise after "unwrapping" the front? I sure hope so!

That's all I have for you today. I hope you liked my little gift and I hope it inspires you to create something that will bring a smile to your face and someone else's too. I love hearing from you, so if you have comments or questions, I hope you'll leave me a comment. I read all of them and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put the buttons here on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan