Monday, August 6, 2012

Wonderful Winterland Watercolor (try saying that 3 times fast!) /Challenge Fun SSC #267 / My Challenge #33

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you had an awesome weekend. I got to watch some Olympics, spend time with my Stamping BFF April, and get a little stamping done too. All in all, a nice, laid back weekend.

It's overcast and rainy here in the DMV. :( Not sure where you're at, but I hope it's a beautiful, mild temperature day with plenty of sunshine for you with all the rain you need coming at night after you've done everything you need to do. We can all hope and dream right. :) Now, most of you know I don't do that BAD 4 letter word that begins with a S and ends with a W. Nope, don't do it at all. Ok, maybe a little cuz it's pretty, if I'm inside with no expectations of having to go out in it, my pantry and fridge is fully stocked and the snow magically dissapears from my steps, sidewalks and vehicles and never gets yucky and dirty, oh and most importantly it only happens when its 72 out. Since that somehow never seems to happen, I'll take my snow like this-

Winter Card featuring
Wonderful Winterland and Snow Festival DSP
All bright and sparkly, oh and shared with a friend and a cup of hot chocolate. Yeah, that kind of snow wouldn't be bad at all! :)

I used this sketch over at Stamping 411 for my layout-


Today's card is a little mix of old and new. For the old, I used the Northern Flurries E.F. and the second smallest Labels Framelet. The new is the Wonderful Winterland Stamp Set and the Snow Festival DSP. Both are Super Cute. While I don't like snow and like Winter, as a whole, only moderately better, I love this cute little stamp set. All sort of fun images that just invite you to sit down and color. F.U.N.! Here's a close-up-


I used my Blender Pens and Classic Ink Pads to color in this sweet little scene. I stamped the image in Black Staz-On so the ink wouldn't bleed when I did my coloring. Although it's hard to tell in the picture the snow coming down is a stamped image that I stamped multiple times in Bashful Blue. I then lightly colored them in. The snow they're sitting on is also a pale Bashful Blue. I simply let Tink have her way to create a sweet wintry scene. I used the 2nd smallest framelet to cut this image out before coloring it. Once I was finished I sponged the edges in Baja Breeze. I then cut two more labels in Baja Breeze and used them to mat my scene. I also used my sponge daubers & Bashful Blue Ink to lightly color over the embossed snow-flakes for a little "pop" off the Whisper White background, then let Tink have her way again. Both my center panel and the Whisper White embossed layer are mounted with Dimensionals.

Here's the inside-

Inside of Winter Card featuring
Greetings of the Season and Wonderful Winterland
The sentiment is stamped in Baja Breeze. Can you tell it's not quite straight or centered. AUGH!!! That's why I hate stamping on the inside of c/s and not on a layer. Once I had stamped it, it was too late to do anything about it. :(  I used the same image from the front but masked off part of the stamp with sticky-notes. I then colored my precious little bunny in, and gave him some snow to play in.


Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's card and I hope it inspires you to get out your supplies and play-along. Don't forget to stop by Stamping 411's site and check out all the great samples.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! I love hearing from you, so if you have questions or comments about today's card, I hope you'll leave me a comment. I read them all and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put the buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more bout the storms than than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storm to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan