Friday, August 24, 2012

A Confetti Card, A 3-D Project and A Challenge / NAC #8

Pin It
Hey y'all! Happy Friday! Woo-Hoo!!! I've got lots to do this weekend so I can hardly wait. I hope you have lots of fun planned too.

Do you Pin? I do. (You can check out my boards by searching for me ShanAngel or by clicking on the Follow Me button on my sidebar) I love wasting  spending valuable research time getting inspired or finding things that I love and would like to share with others. And just in case you're wondering before you click on over, Yes the boards are a little OCD just like me. : D HAHAHAHA! Any-who, I've been meaning to actually do something with the things that I pin and have been trying to do that a little more. In fact just last week I made cupcakes that I found that were Ah-Mazing (and low cal/points too!) and I'm finally taking inspiration from a card I saw and putting it to use. I'm pretty happy with how my card turned out. The original card was so unique I didn't even look it up when I made my card. I looked it up just prior to starting this post and it turns out I even used one of the same sentiments, just in a different way. Great Minds and all that. Swing on by my boards when you get a chance (but finish here first, kay) and see what you can find. If you Pin too, leave me a comment with your Pin name. I'd love to swing by and check out the Fabulous things I know you've got pinned too.

Here's today's card-

Confetti Card featuring
Friendly Phrases
How fun is this? Well, I think it's fun. :) I was really stumped trying to think up something to make with this week's challenge Over at Nacho Average Challenge. It's a color challenge and y'all know how much I absolutely adore those! NOT!!! I was actually afraid I wasn't going to be able to enter for the first time. :( Since I was limited to 3 colors this doesn't have quite the same impact as the card I took my inspiration from, but I think it's still easy to gather that it's confetti. It is easy to see that, right? Oh, please say yes!!!

In case you can't tell the colors-


I was hoping for a one layer C&S card with this, but no-go. I started with a base of Whisper White and using a pencil eraser made the "confetti" by inking up the eraser and "stamping" it onto my c/s. The colors, unfortunately, were visible on the other side of the c/s. So I cut my W.W. card into two pieces and layered them onto a Tempting Turquoise base and problem solved. My sentiment is from the set Friendly Phrases and I simply inked up the word WOW with my SU Marker instead of inking up the whole sentiment. I love that this set lends itself to this kind of separation, because it really increases the set's versatility.

Here's the inside-

Inside of Confetti Card featuring
Friendly Phrases.
I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's just so bright and happy.

Because I wasn't sure how "kosher" it would be to case someonelse's work for a challenge even though I changed it up I decided to add something else for the challenge. It's been a hot-minute since I had a 3-D item on here so I decided to add one as a bonus to this challenge. I've been thinking about adding this type project to my upcoming Christmas Class, so I just changed it up a little.

3-D Treat Holder featuring
Two-Tags Die, Boho Blossoms Punch and
Bitty Banners Framelets and Matching Stamp Set 
I love this idea. I know it's out there everywhere, but it's cute and quick and makes an impression on it's recipients and your class participants. I simply cut out two of the larger tags in T.T., creased them on the score line, added a little Tombow to the bottom to secure them and then decorated. See, Easy! I closed the treat holder with a small piece of Pumpkin Pie Ribbon tied in a simple bow. Multiple flowers were punched out from each of the colors plus W.W. and then sponged the edges and set about assembling them. The layers were all adhered with Tombow and the flowers were then secured with Mini Glue Dots. Once I had them all secured, they seemed to still be needing "just a little something extra" so I got out my White Gel Pen and added a little extra detail and I think that's just what they needed. I stamped the sentiment and then cut it with my Bitty Banners Framelet. Using my Bone Folder I curved it to give it some movement and then secured it as well with Mini Glue Dots. This will hold 3-4 Mini Reeces' Cups, Nuggets, Kisses (or similar sized item) or a snack sized candy.

So what do you think of my projects? I hope you liked them and I  hope the ladies over at NAC like them too. Like I said I went back this morning and looked for the original Pin and found it. Turns out the Pinner lives in my town. I'm sending her a message to let her know I CASE'd her and who knows maybe one day we'll get to meet. Always fun to meet other SU peeps. Don't you think? :) Here's the Original Pin and the link to her blog post-



Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope it inspires you to try something new, a challenge or maybe just actually doing something with one of the things you Pinned. I love hearing from you so if you have comments or questions about today's card &/or project, please feel free to leave me a comment. I read all of my messages and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin either, I've put the buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! I hope you have a great rest of the day and that you have a Fabulous weekend filled with lots of time for Family, Friends and of course Creativity! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card and I love the colours. I too spend far too much time on Pinterest. I want to pin all the things!!

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects are super cute!! I love all the polka dots--so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stopping for a visit from Six Sisters' Stuff today!
    I'm having so much fun visiting the participants of this blog linky party.
    So many wonderful and creative ideas.
    I love handmade greeting cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shan, your confetti card and treat holder are very pretty! and love how you used the colors in the color challenge. I'm a big fan of polka dots, and your card is just so creative! Thank you for playing along with us @ NAC. HOpe to see your work in our challenges again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pencil eraser for polka dots. Brilliant! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan