Friday, August 10, 2012

Just Because You're Toxic Doesn't Mean You Can't Be Cute...

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Friday to you! I hope you're having a great day and that your week to this point has been fabulous. :) It's stormy and gloomy here in the DMV which kinda fits my mood. My grandmother died yesterday and though we hadn't been close in the past few years, she gave me lifetime of wonderful memories to remember her by. If you get a chance today, I hope you'll take the time to tell those you love just how precious they are to you. We never know if we'll get the chance to tell them later.

So let's have something a little more fun now. I'm loving the Toxic Treats Stamp Set and the Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP. In fact I've made 3 cards with it just this week. So nothing really over-the-top with today's card but I think it's still cute and could be used for anyone. It's actually a C&S design but could I just leave it at that? You know I couldn't. Lol!

Here's today's card-

Halloween Card featuring
Toxic Treats Stamp Set and Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP
You're in shock right!?! Pretty simple by my standards, huh. What can I say it happens sometimes. I started with a base of Basic Black square of 4 1/4. I'll give the dimensions for the entire card at the end of this post for those of you who are measurement challenged like myself. For my Very Vanilla layer I sponged the edges with Basic Gray. I wanted a shadow and to give the illusion of depth without using Dimensionals. This layer was Tombowed to the base. I love this fun Tangerine Tango (or maybe it's Pumpkin Pie not really sure but it sure is cute!) & Very Vanilla Polka Dot DSP. I adhered it to the B.B. mat with, you guessed it, Tombow and then adhered that panel with Dimensionals. Before I adhered it though I added a piece of Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon and just stuck the ends under the B.B. mat with some SNAIL. Remember, I do like SNAIL for adhering ribbon. Works great! I cut another length and made my little ruffled bow and adhered that with a Mini-Glue Dot. 

For my focal point, I colored the stamp with my Basic Gray Stampin Write Marker so I could get just the image and not the writing and stamped it onto a scrap of V.V. c/s. I used my 2nd smallest Labels Framelet to cut it out. A little sponging with some more Basic Grey (Hmmmm, I think that's the only color that both words don't start with the same letter. You know Raspberry Ripple, Elegant Eggplant, Tempting Turquoise etc. and then Basic Gray. I guess it sounds better than Garden Variety Gray or Grim Grey. hahaha just a small laugh, but I still made myself laugh. It's ok you can laugh along with me. I prefer that thought than you laughing at me. (:  ) I made a B.B. mat by cutting out two more labels of the same size and cutting them to form the mat. The three labels were all adhered to each other with Tombow and then adhered with Dimensionals. I stacked two Dimensionals at the bottom because of the added height.

This was actually Round 2 for this card. I tried to make it really C&S and it initially didn't have the labels mat-


Although I sponged the edges to add that illusion of depth it just wasn't doing it for me. It was ok, but I just wasn't happy with it. Recently I posted about how I sometimes add a lot of layers/elements and then have to pull a Coco Channel and remove something. Well, this time I definitely needed to add something. I think the small mat made all the difference in the world. Would love to hear what you think.

Here's the sketch I used. I should have posted this yesterday so I could enter it in the challenge but totally forgot. *Fail*-



I think I did the sketch justice, don't you?

Here's the inside-

Inside of Halloween Card featuring
Toxic Treats Stamp Set
Sorry about how dim the pictures are today. Not sure what happened. It couldn't possible be my Cruddy B.B. :) The image and sentiment are from the same stamp set.

Because you know I had to have something pretty for the inside too-


I inked the Cauldron in Basic Grey and the bubbles in Lucky Limeade and let Tink have just a wee-bit of fun. See ...Toxic but Cute.

Here's the measurements for today's card-
Basic Black- 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
Very Vanilla- 4 1/8 x 4 1/8
Basic Black- 3 1/2 x 2 1/4
DSP- 3 3/8 x 2 1/8

That's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it! I love hearing from you, so if you have thoughts or questions about today's card I hope you'll take just a minute and leave me a comment. I read all of them and they really make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card, I've put the buttons on  my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Oh and before I go, can I just say I'm so glad it's Football Season again! Woot!!!! Way to go New England on your win last night over the Saints.

I wish you an Amazing weekend filled with lots of time for Family, Friends and of course for creativity. I hope to see you back real soon for all new cards and projects.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated. Till next time-


Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Shannon, please accept my condolences on the loss of your grandmother. Hold tight to those memories!!
    Hugs,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. And I love your sentiment about telling people precious to you how you feel about them now. Who knows what tomorrow may bring?

    I have to say you picked my favorite image from Toxic Treats! I love this card. Thanks for adding it to my blog hop! I hope you have a fabulous day.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan