Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Not So Ghoulish Ghouls / SSC #270 My Challenge #36

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Humpday! Hope you're having a good week so far. It's a crisp, sunny August day here in the DMV with no rain in sight until the weekend. Thank Goodness! I've got a door and shutters to get painted before my HOA has a fit. How is it though that the neighbors right next to me whose door and shutters look just like mine didn't get a notice? Things that make you go Hmmmmm? I've also got little "post-cap thingies" I have to put on my back fence. Seriously, You're going to send me a notice about little plastic post caps. *SMH* I can't wait to sell my house and buy a condo with a little balcony and no yard to care for and little maintenance. Please, housing market take an upswing in the DMV. Please, I beg you. Just a nice little 2-3 bedroom condo, one room for me, one for the studio and one for guests...I don't think that's too much to ask for. Heck, I'm ok with 2 rooms, I've got an aero-bed for guests. Lol! No seriously, I need to move!!! But I digress, sorry.

I just want to say I'm sending prayers and well wishes to all those battling Isaac. May god keep you safe. I miss the south so much I even miss Hurricaine season. Much better to risk an occasional storm than all this cold and snow...Brrr...

The cooler weather this morning did however put me in a fall frame of mind. Perfect for today's card. One of my favorite things about Fall/Autumn is Pumpkins and Halloween. Love those yummy little round balls of goodness and any chance to do some fun (not mean and scary) decorating is always a bonus. I'm so excited to be a part of The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop, (How cute is that name? Makes me want to put on old Chuck and Snoopy) and this is Week 5. You can check out all of the participants in the hop from the bottom of this post. Thanks Terry, for making this happen! Why don't you come along and play with us....just after you finish here though. Terry's even offering blog candy to someone at the end of the entire Hop. WOW! Fun, Cute designs and Candy that I don't have to count....*SCORE!!!*

Here's this week's card for the hop-

Halloween Card featuring
Ghoulish Ghouls and Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP
How cute are my sweet little friends!?! I don't think they're "Ghoulish" at all. I actually looked up "Ghoul" Ooohhhh, not a very nice description, not at all like my  fellas here. My little friends they just want to play. My little Mummy is running to you so fast his wrapping's coming undone....lol! And my sweet little 8-legged friend, why he's just dropping in to say Hi!

I stamped both of them, on Very Vanilla c/s, in Black Staz-On so they'd be nice and crisp even after coloring in my little fiends friends wrapping. I used Basic Grey Classic Ink and Sahara Sand Classic Ink both thinned out and applied with my blender pen. A little Crumb Cake sponging added a little bit of an older/dirtier feel to the edges. The fun, sweet little Googlie for their eyes were the finishing touches.

Here's a closer look-



So Sweet! Don't you just want to "Hang around" and play? LOL! My mummy is mounted on a piece of Basic Black c/s with Dimensionals. This panel was adhered with Tombow. My little arachnid friend is popped up with a Dimensional on a base of Basic Black and More Mustard c/s that were adhered together with Tombow. They were then adhered with more Dimensionals to add some elevation. I used two different DSP's from the Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP. Two! Can you believe it? Me mixing and matching patterns. :) Ok, so it took me 30 minutes to figure out which ones I wanted to use but still... Have you seen all the cute patterns? They're just yummy and will be great for Masculine cards as well as Halloween ones. For my ribbon I used the Dotted Scalloped Black Ribbon. I wrapped a small (4 3/4) piece around the card and then made a bow with a 10" piece that I adhered with a Mini Glue Dot. It's hard to tell in the picture, but if you know this ribbon you know the "dots" are a bright white. I used my SU Markers to color them in. It doesn't show very well, but they are a creamy, just slightly orange tinted color IRL. I experimented with More Mustard, Tangerine Tango and Pumpkin Pie and finally settled on the Pumpking Pie. They were a little darker before they dried but at least they are not so white now and the ribbon blends in better. I used SNAIL to adhere it to the DSP and then secured the whole panel with Tombow to a base of Tangerine Tango.

I also used a sketch form Stamping 411 for my jumping off point. You can get all the measurements for the card on their site. I hope you'll check them out too. Those are some great ladies and I look forward to their new sketches each week.



Here's a look at the inside-

Inside of Halloween Card featuring
Ghoulish Ghouls Stamp Set
Can you believe no bling? I left it off thinking this might make a nice Masculine card. The sentiment is from the same Googly Ghouls set as the images.

That's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed my little card and it inspires you to do something fun, like a challenge or joining along on our fun little Hop. I love hearing from you, so if you have comments or questions about today's project I hope you'll leave me a comment. I read all of them and they really do make my day! If you'd like to +1 or Pin today's card I've put those buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too!

Don't forget to check out all the fun cards in the Hop, just below my name-

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Hey Shan,
    Your card is adorable! You got the blog hop code, but didn't "Click here to enter" so a thumbnail of your card shows on the hop. You just need to copy and paste the URL of this post. :-)
    Thanks for adding your card to The Great Pumpkin Blog Hop. It's fabulous!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it! I forgot to say I hope you're able to sell your house soon and find the condo of your dreams. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, there's nothing ghoulish or scary about these guys! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coloring on your mummy looks perfect! Very cute card and I like the inside too.
    I just started following your blog. I hope you will follow mine too at barbscraftspot.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan