Monday, August 27, 2012

MDS Monday - A State of Grace

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. :) I pretty much vegged out all weekend. I can't believe it but I didn't even get into the studio and stamp once. :( That makes me so sad. I did spend most of Friday evening playing around in MDS, but I had such high hopes for getting a lot of stamping done and it just didn't happen. I pretty much sat with my feet up the entire weekend. I am nursing an injury, so I don't feel quite sooo bad and I was able to get a little caught up on my DVR so that's good, what with the upcoming fall season and all, and spent plenty of time on Pinterest, lol, but still not I was I hoping for.

Last week's MDS was about finding beauty not in perfection but in imperfections. This week's MDS project is along similar lines. Earlier this year, as I was going through my reader feeds I saw a piece of framed artwork on one of the sites that spoke to me. I put it as my screen saver so I would see it everyday and be reminded of it's message. It seemed very simple and I thought I could probably do something similar on my own. Here's what I came up with-


What a great thought, don't you think? I don't remember the name of the stamp set in MDS2+, if you're interested let me know. I totally forgot about the whole project list feature or I would have added it. :( It's from one of the wedding ensembles. The image is actually wreath. I used the new crop feature to split it in two. I actually cropped the top half, copied it and flipped it. Pretty easy. Getting the words just right was the hardest part of the whole process. The new text features allowing you to alter the spacing and height of letters made all of the difference.

Here's the original-



What do you think? I think it's pretty close to the original. Maybe I'll add some of the little pearls to the inside of mine for a little extra something. I'm going to try some other backgrounds too. I'm thinking the Medallion split in two would be pretty like this as well.

For me the most important part is the sentiment. It just speaks to me. If you've been around here for any length of time you know how hard it is for me to let go of that idea of perfection. One of the nicest things about MDS is the creative freedom it allows you, to not just create cards and scrapbook items, but items you can actually frame and use as art. Love that!

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked it and I hope it inspires you to play around in MDS and make something special for yourself too. I love hearing from you, so if you have comments or questions about today's project, I hope you have just a moment to leave a comment. I read them all and they really do make my day. If you'd like to +1 or Pin it, I've put the buttons on my blog for your convenience. Friends and Followers are always welcome too! :)

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till next time-


Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan