Thursday, March 15, 2012

CAS Sprinkled Expressions Shamrock

Pin It
Hey y'all. Just a quick post here as it's already after 9pm. Silly me I was working on the card I originally had planned to post today, last night but forgot to take pictures so obviously couldn't post earlier today. Then I came home today and got busy making more cards and mounting stamps and the time just got away from me.

This card is really a step out of the box for me. Which all things considered is kind of funny when you see the card. It's a one layer, Clean and Simple card and it's the first card of it's kind on this blog and the first card I truthfully think I've ever made on my own. Just really not my style.

I know you've probably seen this shamrock done before with this stamp set, but I think I did it just a little differently.

Here's my card-


I started with a base of Whisper White. I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to position the heart from the Sprinkled Expression Stamp set and stamped it 4 times in Garden Green. I then used my Stampin Write Marker in Garden Green to freehand the stem and I sponged the edges of the c/s in the same color.

I used my Two-Way Glue Pen and some Dazzling Diamonds to outline the hearts and to fill in all of the white hearts "negative space" and the front of my card was done. I rocked my stamp ever-so-slightly on my last stamp and left a tiny mark and truthfully wouldn't have kept this card for my blog except my paper-cutter is dull from cutting my magnet sheets and isn't cutting cleanly and it was less stressful for me to leave that mark than to cut more paper. LOL! No, really, you have no idea how unhappy I am that that mark is there. :'(

Here's the inside-


A simple greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Garden Green and the edges sponged in the same color and I thought I was done. At least I tried to be, went to take the picture and everything. But, you know how I like to have the inside be as pretty as the outside, so it was back to the design table (today known as the dining room table) Three little left over hearts and a left over scrap of c/s, some Tombow and voila a pretty little shamrock to make my inside pretty too.

WOW! I think that's just about the quickest  post with pics and everything, that I've ever done!

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Ok, I hope to see you back tomorrow. I've got a really pretty card for you. Pics are all taken and everything, I promise!

Till next time-

Remember, Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan