Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Party This Way Birthday Card

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday! I hope you're having a great day. I have a little birthday card for you today that I made last week, while preparing for my 2 weeks off with my Friend Jason.

I have to say I was really excited to be able to get so many projects completed head of time, but I am missing my stamping time. Oh well, I haven't seen Jas in over a year and who knows when I'll get to see him again, so I am really enjoying every minute I get to spend with him.

Here's today's card-


Isn't it cute!?! I have to admit the main stamp set is one I hadn't really planned on buying, but since I got it for Free during Sale-A-Bration I decided to give it some love and ink it up.

I started with a base of Peach Parfait. If you love the 2010-2012 In-Color Collection don't put off buying any pieces of the collection you don't yet have, because it will be retiring at the end of May. Next I used some DSP from Just Add Cake and used some So Saffron as a mat.

For my focal layer I used a base of Wild Wasabi and Whisper White c/s. I used the top part of the cupcake stamp to make the clouds. I just took my Stampin Write Marker and traced over the edge of the stamp with Bashful Blue and then stamped on my c/s. I love that the Cupcake stamp set is so versatile. Doesn't it make Great clouds? I stamped my balloons in Marina Mist, Poppy Parade and Peach Parfait and then cut them out. I layered them on top of pieces of White Bakers Twine and adhered them with Tombow. The Marina Mist Balloon is popped up on dimensionals for a little added height. I then tied a bow with my Calypso Coral Bakers Twine around my White Bakers Twine to "hold my strings together." This entire layer was also pooped up using dimensionals.

Here's the inside-


I stamped the sentiment and the candle from the Party This Way set on a piece of Whisper White c/s that I sponged around the edges to give some extra depth. Isn't that font cute?

Here's a close up of the candle-



You know I like to add a little something extra to the inside of my cards. I like how this image mirrors the DSP on the front of the card. I used my Stampin Write Markers to color in the flame and the dots.

Don't forget Sale-A-Bration ends on the 31st, so you only have 4 days left to get Free Merchandise like this stamp set. Don't wait too long!

Well, that's all I have for you today. I hope you liked today's card and I hope I've inspired you to have some fun and make something of your own today!

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked it, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope you'll come back tomorrow to see what I  have for you.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan