Thursday, March 8, 2012

End of the Week Technique 23 - Adorning Accent/Edgelets Holder

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Thursday! One more day to go till the weekend. Woo-Hoo! Are you as excited as I am? I've got two shipments that Mr. Ups is supposed to bring tomorrow (I had a fail when it came to order placing, but if all goes just right I may not even get to play with them, and I will be all right with that. What! Say it's not so! I know, right! How can that possibly be? Well, I may actually get to spend the weekend with my BF for some long overdue quality time. Due to his schedule (why does that word just not look right) and mine, and the fact that I've been so sick we have just not had time to spend good QT together recently. I will give up up stamping time for good quality face and snuggle time, I have to admit it. I'mma sucker for him. He makes me a big ole pile of mush. :)

Are you ready for today's project? I know I posted a DVD case project yesterday, and there may be something out like this, but I haven't seen it. Of course I haven't been on Pinterest in A Hot Minute! No, Seriously! I think it's been about 3 weeks since they changed the settings at work. :( But when I get my "New" I-Pad next week (what a silly name, why are they calling it that, what happens next when they get a new one, will it be the "Newer I-Pad", Seriously) At least I'll be able to access it while I'm commuting and on the go and what-not. :) Any-ways, it may be out there, but I don't believe I've seen it anywhere.

So, I had somewhere to keep my Framelets and I wanted somewhere to keep my Edgelets and Adorning Accents and keep them together. So, I decided to use one of Clear Mount Cases for this. Here's what I came up with-


I mounted the Edgelets the same way as the Framelets except instead of cutting the Magnet sheet at 6.5 x 5, I cut it ant 6.5 x 4 7/8. This made it so much easier to center it without worrying about getting too close to the edges. Perfect fit! I put them on the left hand side.

Here's a close-up of my Adorning Accent Pocket-


Isn't it sweet? I used our All-New Summer Smooches DSP. It's a little Sneak-Peek from our upcoming 2012-2013 Catalog, but you can get it now along with a cute stamp set, coordinating, fabric, seam binding and more. Don't wait too long though it's only available this month, and then you have to wait like everyone else. You don't want to have to do that do you?, No, of course not, so shoot me an e-mail or go to my website already, but after you finish here of course. :) I took a piece of DSP that was 10 x 5 initially. I say initially, because I decided that I needed a little more for the fold-over so I added about another 1 1/2 inches to it, scored of course on my Simply Scored. You can make your pocket as deep as you'd like. When I first laid all my folders out they looked like they'd lie side by side with no problem but in the end that didn't happen. However, even with the center one stacked like it is, it's not tight and there is no pull or tension on the pocket at all.

I secured the sides with Sticky Strip. I was concerned about there being enough room for the 3 folders to lie next to each other side by side with it full width even though it looked like it was possible on the grid paper during planning, so I trimmed it down just a wee bit.

*TIP* - Whenever you are doing any project where you expect there might be tension, use Sticky Strip, not SNAIL, or Tombow. This will ensure the longevity of your project.

I tied a length of Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon around the fold-over flap and tied in a bow and then secured the edge of the flap down as well with Sticky Strip. I used a Mini-Glue Dot behind the center of my bow to help keep it from flopping over. To secure my pocket inside my case I used 4 Mini-Glue Dots strategically placed in the pattern of my DSP. It's barely noticeable. See-


I've enlarged this shot really big so you can see them. There are 2. One on the Purple flower in the Orange Vase in the upper left hand corner and one on the Orange flower in the Turquoise Vase in the upper right hand corner.



I will most likely try and do a MDS DVD Case Cover in this print and then it won't be an issue but until I manage that I think this is a pretty good fix.

Some of you may have noticed I had an extra scalloped Edgetlet that was shorter than the normal edgelets in the first picture. If you're wondering, that was an Oooops! :) I mounted my Edgelets on cutting mats early on, due to my OCD need for everything being centered and perfectly aligned etc. and my Edgelet came somehow cut just a wee bit long and the edge was just slightly off the mat. Once when I ran it through my Big Shot it hit the edge as it went through and it bent. Totally my bad. At any rate, not really fixable. But by that time I was seeing a lot of demonstrators doing cute cards with their other edgelet going down the side of cards and what not so I was excited about having another one of those anyways. There was no way I wanted to unstick my perfectly mounted one from it's board as it was working so well. So that's why there are 3 edgelets in the case instead of 2.

Well, I hope you liked today's project. I hope it inspired you to try something new. This was a really Quick and Easy project and it's a really useful one too. It's great for organizing, and really can't we all use a bit of organizing? After all, if we can condense our stamping supplies into a smaller space, that then means we have more room for more stamping supplies. Am I right or AM I RIGHT!?!

I won't be back tomorrow as I'm going to a stampcamp tonight with my DD. So, I hope to see you back here next Monday with a new MDS Monday project.

If you need supplies to make your own cards or projects- You can shop 24/7 in my ONLINE STORE.

If you liked today's project, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's project, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I hope you have a fabulous weekend full of Family, Friends and of course time for stamping and creativity.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance in the rain.
Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan