Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Small Summer Smooches Sneak Peak - SFF 030212- My Challenge #13

Pin It
Hey y'all.Happy Tuesday. I hope your day is going good. It's so cold here in the DMV and I have to say I'm looking forward to the near 70's they say is coming in the next few days. However they say another cold front is following for the weekend. I wish the weather would make up it's mind!

Want to know what not in doubt? My plans for this card. Yep. Love it when that happens. And as so rarely happenes lately, no one on the design team had come up with this idea. I was so excited! YEA!!!!!

Here's my card-


Here's the Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch-



I started with a base of Early Espresso. Next came a layer of DSP from the Everyday Enchantment from our Sale-A-Bration line. This is only the second time I've used it. Up until last week it was my least favorite design but now I'm really kind of liking it. Too bad it's only around until the end of the month. :(

For my flower vase I used one of the vases from a new stamp set in the Summer Smooches Set (I'm having a moment right now and can't remember the name... something blooms). I inked it up with my Pool Party Stampin Write Marker and Stamped it on my piece of Very Vanilla c/s. The stem and leaves are actually from one of the other vases in the same set but I liked them better for the flower I was going to use. I stamped them with Wild Wasabi Stampin Write Markers. The Flower is from the Fresh Vintage set and was colored with Poppy Parade and Calypso Coral Stampin Write Markers. I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to ensure precise placement. I love that thing and really couldn't stamp without it. You have one in your stamping tool-kit right? I sure hope so. It's a must have! I sponged the edges with Crumb Cake and mounted it on a piece of Early Espresso c/s that was also sponged for a little dimension. These two pieces were then popped up with dimensionals.

For my little banner I inked up the first part of the sentiment from the stamp set For All You Do, with my Early Espresso Stampin Write Marker and stamped it on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla c/s which I then cut into a little flag. I then sponged the edges and using the edge of my paper snips gave the strip a little wave. A few Mini-Glue Dots is all it took to hold it firmly in place. But, I think my pretty embossed butterfly's look so much prettier so I used another Mini-Glue Dot to sit them right down on top of it so it looks like they're holding it down. :)

My only variance from the sketch is up in the corner. Instead of just putting a strip of lace across the corner I added a bow too. When I imagined the card that's how I saw it. I tried it without the bow, but it just seemed to be missing something so I had to stick it on there, so once again, Mini-Glue Dots to the rescue.

Here's the inside-


A very Clean and Simple inside. A little strange for me.

Want to know a little secret? I actually went to take this picture and realized that I had forgotten to put my little signature something pretty on the inside. " I was in a hurry to finish up... it was late and I was trying to spend a little quality time with my daughter before I went to bed (it was 10:30). Luckily, I remembered that when you use your Handy-Dandy Embosslets you got not 1 Butterfly but 5, so I ran back and got 1 of the unused butterflies, slapped some Tombow on him and Voila, instant little pretty!

The sentiment is the rest of the sentiment from For All You Do in Early Espresso, stamped on Very Vanilla. The edges are all sponged in Crumb Cake and my card is done.

What do you think? I hope you like it. I hope I have inspired you to try something new, whether it's trying a new challenge or using some DSP that's not necessarily your favorite.

If you need supplies to make your own cards you can shop in my ONLINE STORE 24/7.

Don't forget Sale-A-Bration ends at the end of this month. You still have time to get your FREE items. This is a great time to stock up on not only exclusive items but awesome catalog items as well.

If you liked today's card, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked today's card, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Love the butterfly element! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love how you used that background paper. I struggle with this paper so I will have to remember your card. Thanks for playing with us this week at Sketch Frenzy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. I was immediately taken by it. The paper and the butterfly accent are perfect. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Frenzy Friday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan