Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Helpful Tips- Re-Purposing Empty Framelet Holders

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Tuesday. I hope you're having a great day! It's a gloomy sort of day here in the DMV, all rainy and overcast, but the birds are chirping so it can't be all that bad, right?

I don't have a card for you today, I've got a helpful tip. Or at least, I hope you'll think it's a helpful tip. :)

I like to be able to organize things. It may have something to do with my OCD. :) Sometimes it takes me a little while to get things organized but, I like to have a plan and I like to have the tools to be able to put those plans into action when the time comes.

Are you ever out somewhere with time to waste and wish you had a small project, or a card to work on but don't want to carry a big scrap kit with you? I've got a solution for you.

Go Green


Ok, technically, it's clear, but you know what I mean. Recycle, re-use, be kind to the environment. Here's an example-


Here's a preview of a card that I'm working on. You'll see it here soon. All the pieces fit in perfectly and I can take it with me to assemble it whenever I have a few minutes. If I have a multiples of a card to work on, say for a swap, they will fit in here as well.

Remember when I did these a few weeks ago?

 

Well they left me with 4 of these-


I didn't want to toss them, because I figured they might come in handy, so I put them in one of my storage drawers and waited and sure enough the time came when I found a use for them (last weekend).

They are just the right size to put cards and card pieces in. Like these, for my upcoming swap this Thursday night-


When I took that packet and this packet -


I had everything I needed to finish assembling my swaps. Last night I was able to add a little "bling" and they were done. These little packets made carrying my supplies so much easier than a traditional "Scrap-Carry". They took up far less space in my "Commuter-Bag/Purse", and had more structure and support than say a plastic "zip-type" baggie.

Oh, BTW- I had 8 finished "Swap- Fronts" each one had at least 3 layers of cardstock and 1 layer of DSP and it fit easily in the holder.

Well, that's my tip for today. I hope you found it somewhat helpful. I know I'll be using it again in the future, for sure. If you liked today's tip, I would love it if you left me a comment. It's great when I get to hear from you! Also, if you liked it, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

Remember there's only 11 days left to get Free merchandise and to get your starter kit at a special price during Sale-A-Bration. Go to my Website or contact me for more information.

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan