Monday, March 26, 2012

Celebration Magnetic Bookmark

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Monday, I hope you're having a great day and that your weekend was Amazing! Friday night I got to spend time and have dinner with a friend of mine who I haven't seen in way too long. I had a great time and hopefully we're are going to start doing stuff more often. (Hey Bren!) I spent Saturday afternoon stamping with my friend April and my daughter J. Then we went out for burgers and ice-cream. What a good day! Yesterday my buddy Jason got into town and we had dinner and spent hours just catching up. Hope your weekend was half as good as mine. :)

Since I was so busy, there's no MDS Monday today. Hopefully I will get a few spare minutes to whip up something to post later this week and something for next week too. As many of you know, I have no time scheduled for stamping for the next two weeks so I can spend some Primo-Time with Jas. :)

I did however manage to get plenty of projects completed and on film to post during my down time.

Here's today's project-


This is just a sweet little, Quick & Easy, bookmark I made using the Two-Tags Die. I started with Lucky Limeade folded and placed just inside the flat edge of the die so the cardstock would open up. Then I ran a piece of Whisper White through the Big Shot with the same die. This die has a little perforated edge all around the border and I used it as a guide to trim down my Whisper White piece. I then stamped my sentiment from the SAB Outlined Occasions stamp set, colored it in using my Stampin Write Markers and then Tombowed it to my Lucky Limeade piece.

Here's a picture of how I did the inside, so it would stay in my book-


I got a roll of Magnetic Tape from my local Big Box Craft Store and used my Rubber Craft Scissors to cut two small pieces. I cut one piece and then used it as a template to guide my cut for the second piece. I simply removed the backing strip and attached the magnets to my cardstock and my bookmark was done.

How easy is that? Wouldn't this make a great gift for that special reader in your life? It would be especially nice already tucked into the next book you give them.

The magnets just cling to each other over a book page and your spot is held-

Oh WoW! Just realized how bad my manicure looks. Sorry for the icky fingers in the picture :)

Well, that's all I have for you today. Don't forget, Sale-A-Bration is winding down Q-U-I-C-K. Only 5 more days left to get awesome free products and to get your starter kit at a great discount. Contact me if you have questions or you can go to my Website to get started with your order.

I hope you liked today's project and I hope it inspires you to make something fabulous of your own today. If you liked today's project, please feel free to leave me a comment. Also, if you liked it, please feel free to +1 or Pin it. I've added the buttons to my side-bar for your convenience. Friends and Followers are also welcome. :)

I'll see you back here tomorrow with another project. 

Till next time-

Remember- Life isn't about Waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe, 
Shan

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a little love with me. I hope you find this blog to be as much of a blessing to you as you are to me. :) Be Safe- Shan